NYX Liquid Suede




I decided to give the liquid suede lipsticks a go, I got one brown colour and then two pinky colours. They do take a long time to set, with the colours feeling tacky for quite a while, roughly they took around  to set.

Sandstorm (LSCL07)

This colour is a brown, it is quite a flat colour when it is on the lips. I find that I only need one layer of this to get a good colour, it is very opaque. It doesn't come across patchy either. I found that this felt dry after 3 minutes, but when you touched it, you'd find transfer. This was still the case after having it on for over an hour, so while it looks matte, it doesn't dry completely. Which is probably why this doesn't feel as damaging to my lips as over liquid lipsticks do.



Tea and Cookies (LSCL09)

I love this colour, it appears more pink on the lips, but I did find that it cracked within an hour, starting from the inside working out. Also, this needed more than one layer for it to look smooth and one colour, with no patches. The same thing happened with the drying, it felt like it was matte on the lips but when I done a transfer test product did come away.




Life's A Beach (LSCL02)



This colour is definitely more a neon colour on the lips, I was quite surprised! This colour comes out true to form on the lips, but there was a few things I had to do to get it looking subtable on the lips. I found it quite a hard lipstick to apply, there was too much product on the applicator, so I had to remove excess, apply to the lips and then apply some more product once I had the basic shape of my lip drawn. I was hoping that the transfer was just going to be for a few products but the same situation occurred for this as well, so I checked the website description to make sure I wasn't hoping for something that they weren't promising, and the description says "our Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick glides on and sets into a striking matte finish." 

All of these lipsticks have a scent to them, they aren't necessarily pleasant, but they aren't overly offensive either. You can't smell it on the lips or when your applying the product, you can literally only smell it if you put it right under your nose and inhale.

Comments

Popular Posts