Milk Of Magnesia (part 1)



So, recently I read an article that celebrities are using Milk of Magnesia (which is for gentle soothing relief for upset stomach and indigestion relief) to help clear up their skin and keep clear, some are even using this as a primer. I always break out bad and have been trying to find something that won't break me out and will help clear up what is already on my face, so I thought I would give this a go, the one I got was from Morrisons and was £5 something, so if it does work for both then it is a bargain as you are essentially getting numerous products in one. I will be doing this review in two parts, this one will be all about how it is as a primer and after a few weeks I will let you know if its helped my face clear up in anyway.

When I first put this on, I left it for a few minutes just for it to settle and dry up, and in doing so I discovered that if you haven't fully smoothed it out onto your face it will leave streaky white marks, so I would definitely suggest leaving it before applying your foundation just to ensure that you have smoothed it all out. Also, I love a good matte finish to my face, but this is extremely drying, as soon as I started smoothing it onto my face it was already drying and I could feel my skin start to tighten from it, so if you have combination or oily skin I would say this might be good for you, but if your skin is already dry I would not recommend this product.
My make up applied well with this product, it applied really nice actually and my skin was looking really good, however after a few hours I did notice that where I do sometimes get dry patches, it had moved from there, my chin became itchy and when I did scratch my chin, my foundation did just flake off. Now my skin is normally quite oily, so for this to actually completely dry out the skin around my chin did shock me, I definitely feel if you have a really oily face, this will be for you, but for anyone else this just isn't going to work. I did, however really like the finish it gave my skin before it flaked off, my skin looked flawless, and it was something I don't normally achieve with the primer I normally use, and apart from the issue with my chin the rest of my face looked fine. And this really does set your make up, as when I was removing my make up, it didn't want to budge, it had fully set my foundation.

Comments

Popular Posts