Sleek Matte Me - Fired Up




I did originally buy Birthday Suit from this range, but I didn't get on with it, the colour just made me look ill and I found it didn't set well on my lips, and when it did set, it cracked easily. I think it might have just been an issue with just the one that I brought, as a friend got the same colour recently and she says it works well for her. I did, however decide to buy a different colour and give it a go, this time I got Fired Up, which is a dark red colour, I love this one, which is why I do believe that the Birthday Suit colour was just an off product that I picked up. This colour is extremely long lasting, I wore it for a day (9am till 4pm) and while it had cracked - from the inside of my lips working its way out, so it wasn't obvious. I didn't reapply this product throughout the day, although I had taken it with me incase I needed to. My lips didn't feel like they were drying out throughout the day and I didn't have to apply lip balm or anything.
The application of this product, I found wasn't easy. I found it difficult to apply, what I had to do was remove the majority of the excess product from the applicator and use that to go around my lips to get  the shape, and then get more product and fill it in - this gave me smooth lip and showed the lipstick off with in its true colour. This product sets quickly, which is just as well cause it can easily get on your teeth or around your face, if you do get it on your teeth it doesn't stain, which is great considering that this product stains the lips. I used an oil based Micellar water to get the product off, but it was still slightly stained afterwards. But this was also the only point where I felt that my lips needed lip balm.

Comments

Popular Posts